CELITE Commode ?

Anyone ever heard of or seen a CELITE commode? It has a push button flush handle made of plastic. Guess what? Its broke. "Who'd a thought?" Plastic breaking. Anyways, the commode was manufactured in Brazil. Why it came here, I have no clue. Ive called several plumbers and approx 10 supply houses. No one has even heard of CELITE. Its somewhere around 8 yrs old. I dont necessarily want to fix it myself. Just someone who can get the part and do it. Anyone?

I did a Google search and this is the first thing on the list.
http://www.celite.com.br/ing/index.html

Jerry, I already got that far. Im pretty capable of a google search believe it or not. Im looking for the part and I dont speak Portuguese. I need a dealer, distributor service guy, blah, blah, blah. Something. Will you call them in Brazil at that website, speak portuguese and order that part for me? Bubba
">>

Funny, I went back to that site and it offered me a choice of Portuguese or English. Then I found their toll free number 0800 70 11 300/Celite. Then I hit 'contact' and in English theres a form to send them for all kinds of help. There's even an export department. It's all in English and you can email them and I'm sure they can either tell you where you can get a part in the US or how to order it directly from them, especially if you supply them the model number of the commode.

Funny Jerry? Wrong again. Ive already used their form, emailed them and waiting, waiting, waiting........................ Ive also tried calling them several times. Recording comes on about some bullshit about the network being down. Please call later. Many companies post all kind of "info" and then dont answer e-mails. You've tried but you're just not much help, Jerry

Sorry, I tried. If I can find any other info I'll get back to you. Have a great day.
replying to JerryL, Scutes wrote:

To JerryL - I thought your response was helpful and am not sure why the original poster responded in such a negative fashion. I am looking for a very similar part and appreciate your link.
Bubba wrote:

You may be able to remove the handle and interior parts that attach to the flapper valve and take them into a plumbing supply house and they will likely to be able to find a replacement part for you. It may not look exactly the same, but it should work better, well at least longer.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:41:34 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

I tried that too. Took it to two places that deal in all the weird, strange and obsolete stuff. As soon as I walked in the door with the part I started getting that "one eyed cyclopse" look. It doesnt come close to anything anyone has. Such a fun little piece of crap. Kind of sad that for a $20 - $40 flush handle? Im going to have to probably tell this customer that I'll need to yank the whole commode and get something American with local parts.