Cel Phone Battery Replacement ?

Hi,
Probably not the most appropriate Group for this, but everyone here seems like experts on most everything, and not too sure where to post this query..
Cel Phone Question:
Have a very basic Samsung a650 flip top cel phone. Color screen.
Usually on during the day for 8 hours, but the number of incoming or outgoing calls is very minimal; at most one or two quite short ones per day.
My guess is that no cel phone has any "magic" and battery lifes are typical.
What kind of battery life, before the battery needs actuial replacement, do you folks experience on yours ?
Thanks, B.
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 08:02:45 -0400, Robert11 wrote:

Hahahahahah good one :)

Hard question since use is so varied. One thing I can tell you is that if you opt to replace it, make sure you charge the new battery whenever you can and not let it drain. These Lithium Ion batteries lose their capacity when they are depleted. I have a 2 year old Motorola RAZR and the battery is as good as the day I bought it because I have practiced this charging ritual.

I have the same one. It's a piece of s**t.

Same here.

My wife's Nokia phone, bought at the same time as my Samsung, has a *far* longer battery life between charges.

I've had this one for only 15 months. When I first got it, a charge would last four days -- but before it was six months old, that was down to two days, and now it's barely a day and a half.
Both Samsung and Sprint told me that the phone uses much more power when it's roaming or having trouble finding a signal -- which seems to be most of the time for this phone, no matter where it is; apparently, the antenna is very poor. I think the basic problem is that the Samsung A650 is just a piece of s**t.
--
Regards,

alt.cellular alt.cellular-phone-tech