Ceiling Water Damage

I've got a question for someone smart on this sort of thing. Had an upstairs toilet overflow....had been running for about 30 minutes. Saw the overflow, dried/mopped the floor and had to leave. Came home a few hours later and the ceiling on the main floor had bubbling. I'm assuming it's a sheetrock ceiling and the bubbling appears to outline one corner of it. Any suggestions on what to do to minimize damage and what sort of damage will I have to worry about. I'm assuming the wood supports will dry out. I'm worried about mold and what I don't know.
Thanks in advance for any advice given.
Piggy
You won't get any mold from a one-time leak. You will have to remove the damaged section of the drywall ceiling with a cutting knife and replace it with new drywall.
Piggy wrote:

Cut down the affected sheetrock, wipe down any surfaces you can reach with bleach, dry the area for a couple days, and lob one of those rectangular "mothball" things that are designed to hang from a closet-rod in there, and seal it back up.
--Goedjn
On 17 Dec 2003 15:51:55 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Piggy) wrote:

Check your insurance. Mine covers one-time disasters, but not slow leaks. Thoroughly soaked drywall requires more than just drying out.