Ceiling Tile: Mineral Fibre vs. Fibreglass

Hello,
I'm putting a suspended ceiling in my basement and I can't decide on the type of ceiling tile to use. It's a choice between the mineral fibre type tiles (rigid ones) or the fibreglass type tiles (flexible).
Does anyone have any suggestions on what type to use? I'm trying to maximize ceiling height and I'll be installing pot lights.
Thanks,
Mike :)
1. I have seen fiberglass ones that claim better sound attenuation than the mineral fiber ones -- not necessarily true of all, I suppose.
2. The fiberglass ones I've seen have a plastic surface, so should be washable.
3. The fiberglass ones are more expensive.
--
MB

Whether you vote Democrat or Republican in November, the country will
still be run from boardrooms in the USA and elsewhere, not by your
. . . and I just read on the Armstrong site that recessed lighting is a no-no with plastic-faced tiles/panels.
MB
Whether you vote Democrat or Republican in November, the country will still be run from boardrooms in the USA and elsewhere, not by your elected representatives.
On 10/07/04 07:43 am Minnie Bannister put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Hello,
Thanks for the reply. I looked at the Armstrong web site but could not find the info you referenced. Could you post the point to the web site.
Thanks, Mike

Tip #31 on page 11 of the following document:
http://www.armstrong.com/common/r2001/content/files/11090.pdf
By "recessed lighting" they mean incandescents (what I assume people mean when they refer to "pot lights") not drop-in fluorescents.
MB
Whether you vote Democrat or Republican in November, the country will still be run from boardrooms in the USA and elsewhere, not by your elected representatives.
On 10/07/04 10:06 pm Michael put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Thanks. I appreciate you pointing that out. I was talking to a friend who suggested I choose the mineral fiber tiles because the fiberglass ones often move / bounce with the air pressure of a door opening.

find