Ceiling speakers in a bathroom?

Hi,
If I would like to put ceiling speakers in my bathroom, but about 3 feet away from the shower - should I worry about wetness or any ceiling speakers will do?
Many thanks in advance,
Aaron Fude

I'd think the high humidity during showering would be the main problem. There are specialized speakers marketed for outdoors use-- probably with diaphragms and components that won't be harmed by those kind of conditions. You may give up a little fidelity-- but then again, they'll still sound much better than you singing in she shower.

Dunno. Just how wild do you and the Missus get in the shower? Get an exterior grade speaker.
Steve

Try this site:
http://tinyurl.com/kktdup

Try this site:
http://tinyurl.com/kktdup
Too cool! How did you do that?

Have seen some 'marine' speakers; $35 for a pair IIRC. These are probably designed to fit in or near the console of typical watercraft. Try marine catalogue and/or googling for marine speakers.

Don't worry. It's for stupid people who don't know an answer, so they simply say, "Go to Google." Only now, they have it animated ............

I doubt 3 feet away will do damage. As long as you have a fan on, and you are not using your bathroom as a sauna, it should be fine. Then again if you have your fan on , you probably have to raise the volume of your speaker, so try to get a quiet fan.
Mike rock wrote:

Hmmm, I'd choose a speaker with out door type weather proofing. ie. non-paper cone material. My Sauna has stereo speakers on the ceiling with CD player/Radio combo. No problem.

The speakers in cars are subject to high moisture especialy the ones in your doors. But few speakers made have paper cones or components that cant handle high moisture or humidity. A good car speaker might outlast you.

try a shower radio. otherwise outdoor speakers are your choice. search for these at: http://www.newegg.com /