ceiling sheetrock

Howdy,
Does it matter if I use 5/8" or 1/2" sheetrock to finish the LL ceiling? I'd preferred 5/8" because of better sound barrier.
THX!
It is heavier to handle but thicker is better. Use screws, not nails. Make sure you buy the correct length screws.

Will 1-1/4" drywall screws do?

<< Will 1-1/4" drywall screws do? >>
OK for 1/2" SR but use 1 1/2" for 5/8" sheet rock. A little extra bite for the extra weight is a good thing. HTH
Joe
Will do.
Thx!

the
Also don't screw it in too tight.

-------------------- 5/8" sheetrock is also required in ceilings of wood structured by fire code throughout the country.

If you''re working with sixteen inch centres, use the 5/8's. One and a half inch screws. Double screw.
Ken