ceiling sheetrock

Howdy,

Does it matter if I use 5/8" or 1/2" sheetrock to finish the LL ceiling? I'd preferred 5/8" because of better sound barrier.

THX!

Reply to
DJ

It is heavier to handle but thicker is better. Use screws, not nails. Make sure you buy the correct length screws.

Reply to
Art

Will 1-1/4" drywall screws do?

Reply to
DJ

--------------------

5/8" sheetrock is also required in ceilings of wood structured by fire code throughout the country.
Reply to
Abe

Will do.

Thx!

Reply to
DJ

Also don't screw it in too tight.

Reply to
Art

If you''re working with sixteen inch centres, use the 5/8's. One and a half inch screws. Double screw.

Ken

Reply to
bambam