ceiling -- plan 2

OK. I went to lunch with DH. Here is the new plan.
- Remove godawful beams. (Anyone getting the drift that I think these things are nasty.) - Do NOT rip out whole ceiling. Patch the existing ceiling. - Add scalloped texture to new patching. - Paint the entire ceiling over the texture.
DH assures me that the scallop stuff is plaster and not the same gunky stuff as the popcorn texture. And thus it will not just goop up and fall off as we repaint. The texture will show through the new paint.
In order to test this theory, we are going to patch and paint a small segment to make sure the theory is sound.
What do you all think of this?
Thanks
Probably a good compromise. Keeping the texture will hide the patching faults (and there will be some). Notice in your "test" that you don't mention also texturizing....you need to test that too. Patch, texture and paint a section.

things
stuff
we
Yup. I knew it, jut did not mention it. Thanks

as