"Ceiling Paint" ?

Hello,
Was in HD today, and saw paint labeled as Valspar, Latex, Interior, Flat White.
Then, right next to it, exactly the same label, but also had "Ceiling Paint" on the label. Everything else the same. Prices the same, too.
What makes a Latex interior paint a "Ceiling Paint" ? What's different ?
Thanks, B.
Robert11 wrote: ...

Viscosity, primarily. Ceiling paint is somewhat thicker so it doesn't drip/spatter so badly going on.

They are often lower cost and not as durable since ceilings don't get the wear that walls do.
I always paint he ceiling first and don't worry about getting it on the walls where they meet, then I can cut in the wall paint and get a nice straight line with a good brush.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

... From OP's query...
"...exactly the same label, but also had "Ceiling Paint" on the label. Everything else the same. Prices the same, too."
And often, not... :)
Robert11 wrote:

If it was white ceiling paint the difference is the color. It doesn't have much color, but they add just a small amount of tint to make it ceiling color. I forget what that tint is.
Bill Gill

It could be a vapor barrier paint with a low water vapor permeability which prevents condensation in insulation above the ceiling.
Nick
On Apr 5, 6:29 pm, snipped-for-privacy@ece.villanova.edu wrote:

And their reason for omitting that crucial information would be what...modesty?

HD, Valspar?
I thought Valspar was a Lowes line.
Red Green wrote: ...

Lowes carries Valspar as do many other places. Don't know about HD, we're fortunate to not have yet been visited by that plague...
http://www.valsparglobal.com/corp/about /
Corporate Overview
The Valspar Corporation is one of the largest global coatings manufacturers in the world, providing coatings and coating intermediates to a wide variety of customers. Since 1806, Valspar ...
With more than 9,500 employees in over 25 countries, Valspar is ... ... Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, our diverse array of products makes us one of the most complete suppliers anywhere, and the sixth largest paint and coatings company in the world. ...
On 4/5/2008 10:42 AM Robert11 spake thus:

Ceiling paint; isn't that the stuff with the glitter in it?
(Remember those sparkly ceilings from the 50s-60s?)
conversation with the average voter.