Ceiling Light with remote

My husband has installed a new remote control to our ceiling fan and now we are having problems galore. There is a double switch on the wall with two black wires joined on one switch and the other switch has two red wires one from power supply the other is a piggy back which connect to another black wire. The red and back wires go to the ceiling junction and the fan only (no light kit) so the black wire from was connected with Hot wire from electrical power. White wire from fan with neutral wire from electrical power, no light kit so blue and black from fan were just tied off.
The problem arose when we turned the fan on at the switch, the switch that should have powered the fan no longer works. The second switch with the red wires that should be turning the light on over our fireplace, now turn the light and fan on. He never touch the switch to begin with and so we are at a loss to know what to do, besides call and electrican. We have disconnect the remote and have tried to wire the fan according to suppliers' directions, no luck.
99bottles wrote:

This is very unclear. One switch originally controlled the fan. What did the other switch do and does that still work? Where did the remote control go? Since you say he never touched the swtich, it sounds like the remote is the type that goes in the fan. But then why are you fooling around with the switches at all? What wires did you actually work on, just the fan box, switch box, or both?

Could you draw an illustration and post a link? It is very hard to "see" from your description.

imho:
Hard to follow this, best thing is to do, get a qualified electrician. The cost is low compared to the frustration, and fires that might result.
later,
tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com