Ceiling light/fan with re

Hi JeffC!

J > I installed a ceiling fan with remote, and it works - basically. The J > problem is when I start mixing the dimming function on the remote with J > changing the fan speeds. The remote has a readout for brightness. Say I J > dim it to 50%. Then I change the fan from high to medium. The light gets

You don't happen to have the fan motor also connected to the dimmer, do you? You'll burn out the motor.

J > little dimmer, and flickers or flutters. Then I change the fan to low. Th

J > light goes to 100%. I turn the fan off and the light returns to normal 50%

If the motor is wired to the dimmer then the changing load caused by altering the motor speed is causing the lights to change brightness.

  • Will never be a day like this. If good, enjoy. If bad, it won't be back.
Reply to
barry martin