Ceiling light/fan with re

Hi JeffC!
J > I installed a ceiling fan with remote, and it works - basically. The J > problem is when I start mixing the dimming function on the remote with J > changing the fan speeds. The remote has a readout for brightness. Say I J > dim it to 50%. Then I change the fan from high to medium. The light gets
You don't happen to have the fan motor also connected to the dimmer, do you? You'll burn out the motor.
J > little dimmer, and flickers or flutters. Then I change the fan to low. Th
J > light goes to 100%. I turn the fan off and the light returns to normal 50%
If the motor is wired to the dimmer then the changing load caused by altering the motor speed is causing the lights to change brightness.
- » barry.martin■AT■thesafebbs.zeppole.com «
* Will never be a day like this. If good, enjoy. If bad, it won't be back.
■ RoseReader 2.52ß P003186
■ The Safe BBS ■ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971