ceiling fixture attach plate screws

I mean those screws that you use to attach the fixture to the celing box with.
Seems like they designed it so that it was as difficult to use as possible.
2 screws with a single nut fed through the ceiling box mounting plate and that is supposed to secure the fixture to the box. I'm sorry but I can't fathom a more difficult task. Couldn't they have at least provided 2 nuts per screw so that the screw could be held secure when you're trying to position the fixture on the mount plate? And that's the other thing, you aren't screwing the nuts INTO the mount plate, the screws are dangling OUT of the mount plate. In a ceiling mount that isn't too bad, but when its for a wall mount its almost impossible because the screws flop down.

possible.
for
Aren't there threaded holes on the bracket that you turn the screws through and lock them down with the single nut?

Naw, on this one its just a pair of slots - its sucks!
Maybe its just a bad design. Do they sell those mount plates separately or is that part of the fixture only?

box
and
can't
you
its
or
I don't recall if you can buy them separately at a home center, but maybe a lighting store or possibly online. Ebay is a thought. Whenever I need fixture parts there is one place a few miles from me that seems to have everything I am looking for though much of it is used or outdated. Are you in New Jersey?
I always say that the person who designs it doesn't have to install it.

Naw, I'm on the other side of the country. I can try a few of the electrical stores around here and see what turns up. Its possible that once I replace this fixture I'm working on, see "moving stud" and "help with porch light" I can rotate the box and better position the plate.