Ceiling Fans Wiring

I am considering purchasing from ebay, a ceiling fan with a light and remote control. The remote control appears to control the light (off/on/intensity) and fan (off/on/speed). My question is: when I am not using the fan in the off-season, can I turn the light off and on at the wall without having to resort to the remote control each time? Many thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

While it would be possible to make a fan do what you want, I suspect it will not.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

I agree with the above. Many of the remotes have a wall mount bracket, so you could have a place to keep the remote on the wall near the switch, if that helps.
I have two of these in my house and the lights and fans 'remember' the last setting when I shut it off at the switch. So, despite the other two posts, my experience with actual installations is yes, you can do what you describe.
El Penguini

It has been my experience that the remotes that come with the fan from the manufacturer will remember the last setting. However the remote control units that are sold separately as an add-on do not have this capability.
snipped-for-privacy@Comcast.net says...

I agree, my remotely controlled ceiling fan (Hampton Bay) also remembers the last setting, which the wall switch can then control on/off.