Ceiling fans simply pull toilet odors and airborne germs up into the air

Ceiling fans are for removing moisture, not odors, however they do pull gas and harmful germs up into the bathroom air. A vented toilet seat (Miracle Seat - www.miracleseat.com) that comes equipped with a fan vacuums toilet odors and germs from the toilet bowl before they can escape into the air. The exhaust duct can be connected to the dryer duct, an existing ceiling fan duct or run to an exterior vent.
Ceiling Fans just move air around....
I think you meant bathroom exhaust fan. And you have it backwards... Bathroom exhaust fans don't do much for removing moisture... they remove odors...
Bad info AND spam... imagine that!

Good observation, however, this seems like a good idea. I think if you put your exhust fan right behind the toilet, it might be a good thing to reduce odors and flying bacteria. However, I don't think these units will work good for removing shower moisture ... the "ceiling fan" (exhaust) probably works better. BTW, a local TV station did a thing on toilets and flushing. They said that when flushing more germs fly in a large circle around the toilet. I can't find my microscope, so I don't know if this is true.
Rod wrote:

Several serious problems.
Ceiling fans and not vent fans, clearly the SPAMer has little knowledge of what they are talking about.
An exhaust fan does not pull anything out of a toilet, unless it is a very powerful fan and a very tightly sealed room.
Without an exhaust fan any odors are not going to leave the room. I did not check the foolish product being sold, but I'll bet it does not remove the odors from the room.
Advertisers of all kinds seem to play on germs in the toilet. Get real. Toilets are not a health hazard. If they were every parent on the world would be dead. Toilets may not be present, but they are not a serious source of germs.
In short typical spam and I had nothing better to do right now.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

I suspect that situation is behind 99% of non-spam Usenet posts. <g>
Joe F.

And if you connect to dryer duct, there's a possibility to heat up your ass as you turn on dryer and and take a dump simultaniously.
--
Signature has been removed to save disk space.

Ceiling fans pull harmfull stuff into the air ? They say vacuming stirs up and blows out pollutants and dust in your carpet, good now i have a reason not to vacume or run a fan anymore. But the dryer butt duct s a good idea.

I read about something like this for outhouses in Popular Science a long time ago. It was solar powered and drew the air down the "hole" and up into a tall vent. Probably too expensive to implement.
Very forthright of you to post the Cecil Adams link on your website. I especially like the following:
"As Professor Gerba's research would later determine, however, the bathroom was hardly the most dangerous part of the house, microbe-wise. The real pesthole: the kitchen sponge or dishcloth, where fecal coliform bacteria from raw meat and such could fester in a damp, nurturing (for a germ) environment. Next came the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink, and the kitchen faucet handle. The toilet seat was the least contaminated of 15 household locales studied. 'If an alien came from space and studied the bacterial counts,' the professor says, 'he probably would conclude he should wash his hands in your toilet and crap in your sink.'"
[Note to everyone: Might want to follow the medical links on the website because even while debunking the efficacy of this product, they alert you to areas that need attention and how to deal with them.]
Mike snipped-for-privacy@onuj.com (reverse domain)
Reminds me of the old American Standard "Ventaway" toilets. IIRC you pulled up on the handle before you sat down and a steady flow of water somehow pulled air into the bowl and out down the drain or up the vent. We used to call them "fartcatchers".
Didn't seem to be enough demand for them to keep making them, and I suspect they'd be outlawed as water wasters nowadays.
But I bet the Japanese have this one solved, they are absolutely anal about exotic crappers. (pun intended.)
Jeff
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

True. But I've also been in Japanese rest rooms (in some upscale buildings) that had nothing more than a hole in the floor. Admittedly it was a very attractive tiled hole.
RB
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

You're right. There are a number of Japanese companies producing toilet seats that are heated, that have an air filter, that wash your butt, and blow dry it.
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

there.
Reminds me of the story about this American businessman, goes to Japan for a meeting in an ultra-modern office building in Tokyo. He has to take a dump, and is told by his host to use a certain bathroom, as it has been labeled for westerners. Host says just push the buttons in sequence, but don't push the "ATR" button. He goes in, sits down, takes a dump and notices no TP, just labeled buttons on the wall. First button labeled "S". Must mean spray, so he pushes it and a little nozzle comes out and sprays warm water on his butt. Next button is "W", so he pushes it and a little arm comes out and wipes his asscrack clean. Next button "BD", and yep, little air nozzle comes out and blows his butt dry. Being the curious type, he can't resist pushing the next button, labled "ATR"......... . . . . . The workers all look up from their desk, hearing an agonizing scream come from the restroom. "Oh no", says the host "I told him not to push the Automatic Tampax Remover"!
Cheers, Jim
P.S. Don't try to visualize this, it's not a pretty sight.
J.