Ceiling fan vibrates with

Jas:

JK> I installed a ceiling fan in my master bed room last night. IT works JK> fine when the ac is off and it is smooth and quiet at all speeds. JK> JK> HOwever whenever the fan is on medium speed and the ac is on, there JK> are sporadic vibration which are not severe but enough to make the JK> metal fan power cord hit the light fixture to create a "cling" sound. JK> Kinda distracting when trying to get some sleep.

Possible fan blade balance problem? Go to the far side of the room and look at the rotating blades. Are they even or does it look like they're going up and down? Refer to the installation manual as to how to fix.

Another possibility is a slightly loose ceiling mount: the junction box may be loose.

If the balance vibration is minimal I would probably just do something to keep the cord from hitting the light fixture -- reposition the cord.

  • Punny Books: "Brane Surjery Maid Simpel" By Sarah Bellum
Reply to
barry martin

Is it a Hunter fan? On some the outer trim has to be put on perfectly positioned or the motor can touch it occassionally because they made such small clearances. There are a couple of set screws that can be loosened to re-position the outer shell so the motor never touches it.

Reply to
Art