Ceiling fan tick

I have a hunter ceiling fan and at all speeds I get a ticking ( like the chain was tapping on the side) Blades are tightened and it does not begin at startup after about 10 min is gets to going and the tick,tick,tick is loud and irritating any suggestions are appreciated Irish
The Hunter fan in my apartment does that, too. Hunter fans are crap. Get yourself a Casablanca fan. End of problem.

at
You didnt say if it had a lighting fixture on it. My Hunter fan ticks sometimes too. All I have to do though is reach up and jiggle the lighting globe and the tick goes away for a few months. I figure its the globe wobbling and tapping on one of its mounting screws. They sell a giant rubberband to go around the globe thats supposed to qiuet this.
dicko
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:57:46 GMT, "Doug Kanter"