Ceiling fan motor hot?

Just installed a new ceiling fan.....the fan works fine but after it runs for a while.....we are smelling a paint burning smell. The fan is flush mount so the motor is encased and it feels rather hot.

Is this anything to be concerned about? We are hoping the paint burning smell will go away after a while of use.

Any suggestions or advice?

Reply to
Susan Thomas

Do you have it hooked up to a dimmer of fan speed control switch? If so, make sure the fan is on it highest speed from pull-chain switch. The fan might be incompatible with the switch.

Reply to
RayV