Ceiling Fan Light Not Working - Please advise

Hi All,

1st time here. I read a few posting about similar matters but didn't quite find the answer. So here is my issue:

I have an existing Hampton Bay ceiling fan with lights (Previously installed not by me). It was working fine. It is connected to a wall switch which gave power to the fan & light. The problem is the fan still works but the light doesn't. There is a pull chain for the fan control, but not one for the light. The light has one of those round things that pull chains are suppose to be contained in.

How can I repair this? I don't know where to start taking this guy apart.

thanks

md

Reply to
mndang

Hi All,

1st time here. I read a few posting about similar matters but didn't quite find the answer. So here is my issue:

I have an existing Hampton Bay ceiling fan with lights (Previously installed not by me). It was working fine. It is connected to a wall switch which gave power to the fan & light. The problem is the fan still works but the light doesn't. There is a pull chain for the fan control, but not one for the light. The light has one of those round things that pull chains are suppose to be contained in.

How can I repair this? I don't know where to start taking this guy apart.

thanks

md

Reply to
mndang

The one's I've worked on all have the three set screws that hold the globe on. Here's a URL for another type. .

you say "little round thing" would that be the original end of the toggle switch with the chain broken off? If so you can get a replacement at your local home supply. Richard

Reply to
spudnuty

First test the bulb ;-)

Reply to