Ceiling Fan Electrical Question

Hello:

I am replacing an old ceiling fan in my kitchen, which was working fine.

The new fan has a fan and a light (as did the old).

This is the wiring coming out of ceiling:

Ceiling: Red Wire White Wire Two Green Ground Wires

I have two switches controlling the fan, and I can see other wires taped off in the ceiling. But I just need to turn power on and off to the fan/light, not control them separately.

The fan instructions say to connect the black and blue from the fan to the black in the ceiling, except, I don't have a black coming from the ceiling. There is a red wire coming out of the ceiling, which the red and black wires of the old fan were attached too.

Can I attach the black and blue in the new fan to the red wire in the ceiling?

What do I do with the two grounds coming from the ceiling (which are currently screwed into the metal support box in the ceiling)? Can I tie the green from the fan to both green wires coming from the ceiling into one bundle of three?

Thanks for you time.

Dave

Reply to
David

Yes and yes. As you describe it is exactly how to connect it given your wiring scheme

Reply to
RBM