Ceiling fan control

I've got a small problem. I just installed a ceiling fan/light wired to 2 wall switches. The fan came with a remote unit which I did not install because I didn't see the need. Afterwards I realized that there is no pull cord or reverse switch on the fan itself so it runs at the highest speed blowing up (winter mode). My question is is there an "aftermarket" wall switch which can control the speed and reverse _and_ fits in a 2 switch cover plate? I'd hate to install the remote and leave one wall switch unused.
Andy