ceiling fan blades

Thanks a million to all who responded to my question concerning the number of blades on a ceiling fan. Good discussion and good information. Now here's the real story behind the question: My wife really likes the Hampton Bay Escape fan (3 blades, 64" diam) because of its unique and nautical appearance. Have any of you owned this fan or seen it in operation? If so, how does it perform?
Thanks
Lynn Willis Indianapolis
on 11/13/2007 12:06 PM snipped-for-privacy@iupui.edu said the following:

in the Navy), but my wife picked out another. You might check this page: http://products.howstuffworks.com/hampton-bay-escape-ceiling-fan-04314-review.htm
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I believe this fan has a 14 degree angle to the blades. I don't know what size motor it has, but 14 degrees is almost as steep as they come, so I'd insure that the motor has some pretty beefy specs.
Doesn't that one come with one 60 watt bulb? Is that going to be enough light for where you plan to use it?

Here is a 10 blade www.bigAssfans.com

Four blades are enough to dust!

I agree. http://repairceiling.com /
"DerbyDad03" wrote

Has a review on the web, overall, average but spiffy looking if it fits your decor.