Ceiling Fan Balancing

I recently purchased and installed two Hunter SeaAir ceiling fans. Both have considerable wobble at high speed. I tried using weights as described in the instructions to no avail. I removed the blades and weighed them on a postage scale. They were the same, 312 g. I measured the angle of the blade brackets and found one a little higher and one a little lowqer than the other three. I adjusted so all are equal and reinstalled them. The blades still wobble. What can I do?

Reply to
cedavis

is it a 4 blade? if so get used to the wobble.

5 blade take it back hunters have always worked pretty good for me, not always wobble free but nothing that bad yet. perhaps you just got a couple bad ones,or a bad style
Reply to
sym

Turn the fan on high and let the outer edge of the fan blades hit a crayon. Stop the fan and find the blade with the most crayon on it and put your weights on the opposite blade. Do it again, and again and again moving the weights in and out on the opposite blade.

.
Reply to
JimL

That's a good answer. Also, try mounting the weights on the body of the fan first, since you can find a mid point that the baldes don't cover. I had a terrible wobble on mine, and found after a lot of work it was just off centre of between two blades at the body...

Reply to
glenn P