Ceiling fan

My Hampton Bay ceiling fan and light-kit no longer turn on when I pull the pull-chains. (The circuit-breaker did not trip).

I discovered the bolts that attached two of the blades to the fan motor were VERY loose to the point that the blades were at a very noticeable down-angle. (I've since re-tightened the bolts).

Does the ceiling-fan have a reset button that needs pushing so I can avoid the dreaded climb into the attic crawl-space to check the wiring? If "Yes", where is the reset button located?

Reply to
.

My Hampton Bay ceiling fan and light-kit no longer turn on when I pull the pull-chains. (The circuit-breaker did not trip).

I discovered the bolts that attach two of the blades to the fan motor were VERY loose to the point that the blades were at a very noticeable down-angle. (I've since re-tightened the bolts on all of the blades).

Does the ceiling-fan have a reset button that should be pushed so I can avoid the dreaded climb into the attic crawl-space to check the wiring? If "Yes", where is the reset button located?

Reply to
.

My Hampton Bay ceiling fan and light-kit no longer turn on when I pull the pull-chains. (The circuit-breaker did not trip).

I discovered the bolts that attach two of the blades to the fan motor were VERY loose so those blades were hanging noticeably below the other blades. (I've now tightened the bolts on all of the blades).

Does the ceiling-fan have a reset button that should be pushed so I can avoid the dreaded climb into the attic crawl-space to check the wiring? If "Yes", where is the reset button located?

Reply to
.

Um, did you check the bulb/s? O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

pull-chains. (The circuit-breaker did not trip).

loose so those blades were hanging noticeably below the other blades. (I've now tightened the bolts on all of the blades).

the dreaded climb into the attic crawl-space to check the wiring? If "Yes", where is the reset button located? Noipe - on those cheap chinese crap Home Despot fans they do have a thermal protection fuze buried somewhere down in the windings of the wound stator. About a $2.00 part after you spend an hour or two taking it down and tearing it apart to dig it out.

Reply to
clare

pull-chains. (The circuit-breaker did not trip).

VERY loose to the point that the blades were at a very noticeable down-angle. (I've since re-tightened the bolts).

dreaded climb into the attic crawl-space to check the wiring? If "Yes", where is the reset button located?

The switch probably broke. Home Despot sells them and they're fairly easy to install for anyone that is even moderately handy. I replaced mine (it was bad when we bought the house) with a 3-way switch so I can dim the damned CFLs.

Reply to
krw

pull-chains. (The circuit-breaker did not trip).

VERY loose to the point that the blades were at a very noticeable down-angle. (I've since re-tightened the bolts).

dreaded climb into the attic crawl-space to check the wiring? If "Yes", where is the reset button located? They don't have any reset. Since neither the fan or the lights work, it is unlikely that two pull chain switches went bad simultaneously. It is most likely a loose wiring connection where the 3 wires of the fan connect to the 2 power wires.

Reply to
RBM

Does the fan also use a remote?

I had the same problem with some fans in a house my wife inherited. I don't recall the details but there *was* some sort of reset thingy in the innards. Our solution was to just bypass it.

Reply to
dadiOH

Thanks, RBM

I really didn't think the problem was with the pull-chain switches so I'll take the fan down and check the wiring connection.

Reply to
.