Cedar swingset re-staining

I have a (northern white) cedar swingset, which I stained as soon as I purchased it 2 years ago. I know it doesn't need staining, but am not partial to that natural grey color it forms.
Didn't re-stain it the following year, and now it's starting to look ugly with water marks, maybe moss.
What's the best or easiest way to prepare the surface before re-staining it? I heard power washing soft wood like cedar isn't good. Is bleaching (50/50?) good enough, or do I need to sand it?
Thank you.
Bleach can clean it fairly well for 1$ a gallon a store bought cleaner will work better, a mild powerwash makes it easy. If its just light grey bleach may do it. A friend who used many different cleaners felt Sherwin Williams was the best. Restain or seal it to keep color longest. Olympic has a top rating at Consumer Reports ongoing products test.