Cedar porch ceiling color?

Does anyone know if an unfinished cedar porch ceiling, outdoors but sheltered from direct sun and rain, will maintain its original color over time or will it grey like weathered cedar?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Reply to
Doug

I should think it will weather unevenly, depending on the amount of reflected sun light received. TB

Reply to
tbasc

It will do so but more slowly. COsider one of the exterior oil based covers. Penofin gets high marks but isn't available many places. I have found that Cabot's is available in my area and has a product which worked nicely for me on an outdoor/ covered deck porch swing.

Reply to
C & M