CAUTION: Homier Mobile Merchants

In August 2003, I saw a sign "Tool Sale" in a tent in front of a mall. This company known as "Homier Mobile Merchants" sells tools and home supplies, and travels around selling from a tent. I bought a power tool from this sale, and when I got home, I found the tools was literally shattered in pieces. Since then, I have sent them four emails. The first two were never answered, the third and fourth were returned to me. Both are valid email addresses and come from their website http://www.homier.com . I have also tried to phone and only got a recorded message. So, here I am 3 months later, and unable to even contact this company.
I also looked on the web, and found there are numerous recalls and reports for dangerous cords on tools, extension cords, and lights. All have been recalled and are said to be dangerous. So, for the heck of it, I emailed one of the persons who are supposed to be a contact for these recalls. That email was also returned.
I have also looked on the Better Business Bureau, and found quite a few complaints.
In my opinion, I would say STAY CLEAR of this company. Their products are of very poor quality, and there is no customer support whatsoever, once they get your money. I can vouch for the poor quality, not just based on this one tool, but also because I know someone else who bought from them, and is dissatisfied. The BBB complaints also reflect this fact.
I plan to send a hardcopy letter to them, and if I do not get a reply in a timely manner, I will also file a complaint to the BBB. I guess that is about all I can do, at least I didn't pay much for the tool, and I am glad I did not buy more from them.
--
Please reply via this newsgroup. I do not post a valid email address
on newsgroups.
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:10:50 -0600, Unlisted wrote:

You bought power tools from a traveling tent?
Sucker.
--
The Gnerd

Never buy tools where you cant walk in and exchange within 30 days, My last Dewalt, and generac, and skill, and Coleman all went back for better stuff . No problems on the exchanges. Buy local buy quality.
replying to The Gnerd, Katherine Smith wrote:

I am so grateful that you shared this information I was going to suggest that my son my purchase a generator from this company, but based on your misfortune I will not recommend this company as a possible choice thank you so much you have probably saved us a lot of headaches and a lot of money, I hope you are successful at getting satisfaction on your purchase
On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 16:44:01 +0000, Katherine Smith

Is that company still around? I bought a small power tool from them quite a few years ago. When I got home, the plastic housing was actually crushed and busted into pieces. I tried to phone them and could not get a real person. I then emailed them, and was told there is no warranty on any of their stuff. I tossed it in the garbage, and lost around $20. I tried to file a complaint with the police, but they could not do anything since it was a portable store and they only rented parking lot space.
I'll never buy from them, or from any tent sale again.
On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 3:22:03 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wr ote:

I bought a mini-mill, compressor, metal-cutting bandsaw, and garden cart fr om them and have been completely satisfied. If you buy from a tent you CARE FULLY INSPECT YOUR PURCHASES before you leave. If you want to go to Sears a nd have your hand held, then go to Sears.
Davej posted for all of us...

I don't want Sears holding my hand with their "Satisfaction Guaranteed"
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

Unlisted wrote:

Go for it Mr America! Coem back in another 3 months and let us know how much total time you've actually wasted on your efforts.
--
Liam

Why didn't you go right back to the tent that same day? You have to realize this is all made in China junk. Not happy? Well go pay five times as much and buy a respectable tool -- or be cautious with the Chinese junk. They can be a good deal for some light use but some extreme caution is required. You sure as hell should check the tool before the tent folds up and leaves town.
You must be doing _something_ wrong. Very Wrong.
I've had very good experiences with returns to Homier.
Indeed, I once purchased a set of (albeit *Cheap*) Forstner bits at a "road show" and was quite displeased with them. I made a post of my experiences and disappointment on the Homier forums site and let the issue drop from my mind... within a week of making that posting on the Homier Forums I was contacted by Homier about getting a refund!
Since I has saved my receipt, I sent the drill bit set back via parcel post and within two weeks I had a refund check for 1)the full purchase price, 2) sales tax AND 3) my Parcel Post postage costs for the return.
That's pretty darned good Customer Service in my book.
On the other hand, I think I'll stick to buying inexpensive or even cheap things from Harbor Freight rather than Homier -- the HF stuff is a bit higher up on the quality chain.
--
Steve
www.ApacheTrail.com/ww/

I'll tell you what. Here is their main email address. snipped-for-privacy@homier.com
Send them a blank email, or just ask some stupid question. Then see if it is returned to you. Thats all I get. Unless of course you got a better address for them.
www(dot) ???? lol try taking that off the front!
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 01:57:10 GMT, "Arrow Speed"

Subject: This is my FOURTH email Sent: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:33:38 -0500
was deleted without being read on Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:34:23 -0500
--- end of quote ---
What the F##K ?????
I've bought several items from Homier, a 2 wheel dolly, a "mini" drill press, some wrenches, etc.. Cheap stuff for sure, but for what I paid for the stuff, it has been fine. I've used the hell out of that $20 2 wheel dolly moving appliances, pinball machine, and misc crap in and out of my house. Best $20 I ever spent.
J Kelly wrote:

Never hired a hooker eh?
--
Liam