Caulking wood floor seam under baseboard heat

The house has baseboard hot water heating. Under the baseboard are wooden quarter-round molding strips. Some of the strips are loose and cold air comes out around all the moldings on exterior walls.
How is the best way to seal these seams. There is no real way to get the molding out, except possibly in pieces. I think, though, that I can put some nails into them to pin down the loose ones. Whatever I use has to be able to handle the heat of the baseboard radiator all winter.
Any ideas?
-P

You can try Great Stuff expandable foam insulation. Get the low expanding can.
On Dec 19, 4:44 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Use almost any caulk you want except silicone - it will mess up attempts to paint or refinish the floor.. Baseboards don't get that hot to affect any normal caulk. Mask off the seam on both sides and push the caulk into the joint.
Yeah, you might try clear caulk too.