caulking inside window trim

When installing new window trim for the window sill (that is trimming the INSIDE) is it normal to apply caulking to seal the gap between the window frame and the trim?
Will caulking stick to wood with a polyeurothane finish?
Eigenvector wrote:

Sounds to me like a poor window/trim installation. The trim should fit tight to to the window frame and there should be no gap. In any event, caulking sticks just fine to polyurethanes, so if you have a unintended gap, some colored PolySeamseal will cover iy nicely. HTH
Joe

use spray foam its much better at insulation and easier to deal with. buy a can for 5.00 bucks can probably due several windows. I use it for all sorts of hidden cracks needed to be filled.

Well maybe I gave you guys the wrong impression. I'm talking gaps like 1/16" at most. Mainly I just wanted to know if the trim should be caulked regardless. But, as you suggested I did go ahead and get a nice clear caulking to seal it up.
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:07:41 -0700, "Eigenvector"

I went around my house filling in areas with painter's caulk for a nicer paint finish.
tom @ www.Stuff4Free.biz

Why is there a gap ? How wide is it ?

1/8"
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 16:19:52 -0700, "Eigenvector"

1/8" sounds wide, without actually looking at it. Before I went crazy with painter's caulk, I made sure all trim was securely mounted.
tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com