Caulking for new kitchen sink

I'm installing a new kitchen sink on new countertop. The sink has a rim seal (like rubber) around, but the seal is a little away (0.5 - 1 inch) from the edge. Do I still need (or better) to add caulking under the rim?
Thanks!
John
John61 wrote:

I would, but I caulk everything. Post the brand and model of the sink maybe someone has experience with that sink.
Thanks. It's Kindred, 31" Queen Steel made in Canada.

John61 wrote:

Clear silicone around edge when install is complete. Wipe off excess.