Caulking for new kitchen sink

I'm installing a new kitchen sink on new countertop. The sink has a rim seal (like rubber) around, but the seal is a little away (0.5 - 1 inch) from the edge. Do I still need (or better) to add caulking under the rim?

Thanks!

John

Reply to
John61

I would, but I caulk everything. Post the brand and model of the sink maybe someone has experience with that sink.

Reply to
RayV

Thanks. It's Kindred, 31" Queen Steel made in Canada.

Reply to
John61

Clear silicone around edge when install is complete. Wipe off excess.

Reply to
Norminn