Caulking "Bubbles" Up

I recently replaced the caulking in the seams that join sections of the kids bathroom walls. Within two days some of the caulking bubbled up and started to peel of. I dug out the caulking, cleaned the joints with rubbing alcohol as described on the DAP tube and re-caulked again. The caulking still is "bubbling" off. I used DAP Kitchen & Bath Bright White. Suggestions?
It sounds as if it may have had silicone caulk. It is lamentable that so many people suggest and/or use this stuff. It would be my absolute last choice of anything to apply in most cases. If you did not get it off, your new caulk will probably not stick to it. The only way to remove it is to cut or scrape through it, probably with a single edge razor blade. ___________________________ Keep the whole world singing. . . . DanG

Dan: Thanks for the answer. The caulking contained "crystalline silica". After I dig this out, what brand would you suggest I use for this shower stall?