caulking brick mold / stucco joint?

I'm doing some painting of our exterior door and door frame. The brick moulding needs painting.
1) Should I caulk the joint between the brick moulding and the stone-style stucco? See photo:
http://eteamz.active.com/amtrakfastball/images/caulking.jpg .
2) There is not a very big gap between the stucco and the stucco, but there is a still little bit of space for possible house heat loss (Canadian winter to deal with). If I should caulk the joint, what should I use?
3) Any tips on how to both apply the caulking, and paint the brick moulding and caulking but not the stucco? Would painter tape work well?
Howie
Retired Chicago Brick/Stone mason. The best way I found to do this....is to remove the brickmolding. It's nailed in but a sharp pry bar edge and get it off pretty quick. Then caulk any gaps, I like the NON=EXPANDING foam. now put paper tape designed for painting, it's the stuff with the little tacked edge. Or paint the molding off the door jamb and then renail, and touch up. It takes longer this way, caulk and/or paint on brick, never comes off cleanly.

Well the pros I had working for me could but just one slip and you have a mess. but maybe if you carefully use that masking tape.
But don't take the tape off till the caulk has really cured and even then you may be better off using a razor to slice the tape at the caulk line.
good luck,
Check out a swiming pool supply for the caulking that is used between the deck and the coping. It is capable of spanning / filling a large gap and will last quite a while. Inspector Dana

without
the