Caulking...

I have never done this before so this may be a stupid question, but why is the caulking coming out of the bottom of the tube and not the spout. i am sure I have it loaded correctly in the gun, but nothing comes out of the spout. it is silicone stuff, and just redoing some seals around my tub.
pls help!
take a long skinny screwdriver and stick it in the end the caulk is supposed to come out of.there is a seal in there needs to break.
Ok, bear with me if these seem overly simple, since you say you've never done this before:
1. did you cut the tip off the spout? 2. after cutting off the tip, did you pierce the seal? (poke a nail or long wire down into the spout, or some caulk guns have a wire attached for this purpose - the seal is at the base of the spout) 3. Is it an old tube of caulk that's been used once already and now has a clogged tip?
Figured out there was another seal...thanks