Caulk still wet after 2wks?

I caulked some nail holes after replacing our baseboards two weeks ago and was planning to paint today, but the caulk is still tacky. Why is it taking so long to dry? Carlton.

Some types of caulk are designed to not dry out for 20 years, it would depend on what you used

tacky.
Sounds like the caulk was old. It's happened to me. Just scrape it off & do it with a new tube.

I had a similar problem with a tube of GE caulk that had been on the shelf for a few years. It just wouldn't "set".
If the caulk is not newly purchased, it might be a good idea to squirt a little on a piece of cardboard to see if it will set. The stuff can be the devil to remove depending on the application.
Puddin'
Bought a cartridge GE caulk that wouldn't cure and stayed sticky for about a week. Looked on the tube and it turned out to be dated--*do not use after Oct 2003* Got a new tube and it worked just fine. Didn't know that they dated the stuff, neither did the people at Home Depot. MLD

nail holes should be filled with glazing putty. caulking is for inside corners.
it sounds like your caulking has been frozen and thawed.

Of course this will work.
However painters putty is generally used for filling nail holes. Glazing putty is usually used for windows, it dries harder.