Caulk shower fixtures?

The steel fixtures (spigot, showerhead, etc) in my bathrooms aren't caulked where the fixtures meet the tile.

Is it important to caulk there? Or if it's a reasonably tight fit is it nothing to worry about?

Reply to
woger151

Ask yourself one question--can water get from shower stall into wall? If yes, caulk. Use a clear silicone if you can't match the color of your tile. If it's "reasonably tight', --- caulk. because water will get through. MLD

Reply to
MLD

snipped-for-privacy@jqpx37.cotse.net wrote in news:80ecc1b8-4678-4ec8-a671- snipped-for-privacy@x5g2000yqk.googlegroups.com:

Spigot, faucet handles, diverter, trip lever plate - yes

Showerhead - I'll usually caulk around the pipe under the escutcheon plate but not around the plate itself.

Reply to
Red Green

They should have a piece of foam underneath that keeps any water that "might" get there out.

Reply to
Ron