Caulk shower fixtures?

The steel fixtures (spigot, showerhead, etc) in my bathrooms aren't caulked where the fixtures meet the tile.
Is it important to caulk there? Or if it's a reasonably tight fit is it nothing to worry about?
Add pictures here
✖

Ask yourself one question--can water get from shower stall into wall? If yes, caulk. Use a clear silicone if you can't match the color of your tile. If it's "reasonably tight', --- caulk. because water will get through. MLD
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@jqpx37.cotse.net wrote in

Spigot, faucet handles, diverter, trip lever plate - yes
Showerhead - I'll usually caulk around the pipe under the escutcheon plate but not around the plate itself.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 23, 12:01 pm, snipped-for-privacy@jqpx37.cotse.net wrote:

They should have a piece of foam underneath that keeps any water that "might" get there out.
Add pictures here
✖