Caulk for glass and ceramic tile?

I have a cooktop mounted into a ceramic tile countertop. I have caulked it several times but after several months the caulk comes loose. I clean the surfaces with detergent and then with rubbing alcohol. I use silicone caulk.
Is there a better way for me clean the surfaces? Is there a caulk that would be better for this use? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.
After I kick it, he will sometimes play with it for a few
On 1/11/2012 4:25 PM, Daniel Prince wrote:

rubbing alcohol sometimes has traces of oils in them. try using acetone instead.

I have some 70 percent and some 99 percent rubbing alcohol. Is the 99 percent less likely to have oil in it? Is there any way I can test my rubbing alcohol to see if it has oil in it?
Am I correct in assuming that nail polish remover would not be good for this use?
--
When a cat sits in a human's lap both the human and the cat are usually
happy. The human is happy because he thinks the cat is sitting on him/her
On 1/16/2012 3:20 AM, Daniel Prince wrote:

Good grief! Oil in rubbing alcohol? Can't be enough to matter. I keep denatured alcohol on hand for solvent/degreasing. Nail polish remover normally does have some oil to counteract the drying effect on nails; it's not a great solvent to use on paintable surfaces.
On 1/16/2012 5:37 AM, Norminn wrote:

yes.
from wikipedia:
Isopropyl rubbing alcohol USP/B.P. contains 6899% of isopropanol (isopropyl alcohol) by volume, the remainder consisting of water, with or without color additives, suitable stabilizers, and perfume oils.
99% doesn't usually have the additives that the 70% does.

Leave the alcohol dry and see what's left. A good degreaser, Greased Lightning....
Greg

When you rug the skin, the oil helps it from drying out. Most alcohols do not contain oil but attract moisture, ok with silicone type 1 .
Greg

True rubbing alcohol has oil. Citrus degreasers leave oil too. Beware.
Greg