Caulk edge of bathroom floor?

In the bathrooms in my house (purchased last summer), there is painted or stained wood trim that meets the tile floor.
Is it a good idea to caulk there? If so, what kind of caulk?
In one bathroom, it looks like there's some kind tile grout between the trim and the floor, but I can see a small crack in it. In the other, there's a 1/8" gap underneath the trim. (I didn't build this so I don't know what's back there). And for that bathroom, last warm season we had a mushroom (!!) growing out of the corner there.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 23, 11:05 am, snipped-for-privacy@jqpx37.cotse.net wrote:

Use a sanded acrylic caulk that matches the grout color.
Add pictures here
✖

...and this is it.
    http://www.laticrete.com/Architects/Products/Caulk/Acrylic/tabid/1756/Default.aspx
Got some at the Borg. $6-7 a tube (caulk gun). Awesome stuff.
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks for the reply (and to the other folks who replied as well).
Will that stuff stick to both the tile floor and the painted wood trim that meets the floor?
Best,
✖

The stuff will stick much better than you want it to. Get the recommended solvent ready ahead of time to keep your hands clean.
Put painters tape down along the gap so you can keep a nice, straight edge. Take the tape up before the caulk cures.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Believe it or not Steve, as good as the stuff is, it's water cleanup but it dries like a solvent base.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@jqpx37.cotse.net wrote in wrote:

I used it in shower corners tile to tile.
It was a dark gray. I had put in some countertop that was a charcoal/gray so I used it to calk where it meets the wall.
I put in some linoleum and used it where the linoleum meets the door sill.
It's all still there and holding well. Good part is the tube doesn't seem to dry out like silicones do. I have some caulking caps that have a pin in the middle that goes in the opening when the cap goes on. I'm sure a nail works just as well or better.
Add pictures here
✖

I always caulk the gap between the tile and the quarter-round. The tile is never perfectly level, so the caulk makes the inconsistency disappear. It also keeps dirt and water out from under the baseboard.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement