Caulk Bats for bat and Board?

So we have T1-11 Siding (without the groves in it) and we put 1x2 bats every 16" to cover up the nail patter on the T1-11
The House was Painted with Primer before the Bats were added. The Bats are pre-Primed.
Now the bats are on the house and we are getting ready For The final Coat of Paint.
Should I caulk the bats along the vertical edges?
All of the Windows and Horizontal Trim is caulked, we just were not sure if it was cost efficient to Caulk the Vertical Bats?
Thanks, Scott<-
Scott Townsend wrote:

are you doing it yourself? then caulk would be pretty inexpensive. I think it's a good idea. it would look better, cut down on the bugs and spiders, and keep some moisture out.-