Cats keep turning on light switch

Clad the post with flashing or even wrap some aluminum foil around it.

(The last option is too grease the pole with wagon wheel grease)

Reply to
Oren

Just replace the switch with a rotary dimmer type switch, a cheap one will do since you don't care about dimming. Cats will have a bugger of a time trying to turn the slippery plastic knob, while it's simple for a human. It's also cheaper than the specialty switches.

Reply to
Pete C.

I understand cats don't fully digest protein in meats, and their poo is a reason dogs eat it.

Reply to
Oren

Joe wrote in news:6aeb9d56-8152-477e-a382-f30067e2cf35 @a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

Or they make switches that toggle sideways. Pretty common.

Reply to
Red Green

Heh!

Could be. A cat's digestive system is relatively short compared to other animals.

My granny had a saying: "That looks like something the cat drug in the dog wouldn't eat."

Dogs eat almost anything. Doesn't bother them because their stomachs contain fuming Nitric acid.

Reply to
HeyBub

You could replace the switch with a pull-down. You know, the kind that has a string you tug...

No. Wait...

Never mind.

Reply to
HeyBub

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in news:48021859$0$25934$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

They can indeed figure things out. One I had would open screen door from outside (swing out). He would actually very gently hook screen and pull. Even so, after a while the screen got a small hole. So I attached a small piece of thick rope where the bottom of the screen met the wood door. Used it right off. Worked better for him and me.

This same cat, like all, liked to sit and look out sliding glass door. But when he wanted to go out he would look around to see if I was looking and, if so, just tap his paw on the glass. If he did not tap his paw when at the door and you opened it, he would not go out.

Maybe not a matter of how smart they are. Just a matter of how good a trainer they are!

Reply to
Red Green

"HeyBub" wrote in news:oeSdnadrLOEppJ_VnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I had one that would turn down a mouse giving her a raspberry for potato chips. Just touch a crinkly bag in the cabinet and Poof! cat was there.

Reply to
Red Green

Granny was correct! My two killer cats have since past. Both would catch and kill rabbits. They always left the kidney by the door. They loved baby rabbits.

Both cats were rescued from local prisons. Each of these cats; being ferrel cats, would walk to the mail box with me. They always left the kidney as a present.

Reply to
Oren