Cats keep turning on light switch

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Cats are carnivores and cannot digest plant material.
You're making expensive cat poo.

I understand cats don't fully digest protein in meats, and their poo is a reason dogs eat it.
Oren wrote:

Heh!
Could be. A cat's digestive system is relatively short compared to other animals.
My granny had a saying: "That looks like something the cat drug in the dog wouldn't eat."
Dogs eat almost anything. Doesn't bother them because their stomachs contain fuming Nitric acid.

catch and kill rabbits. They always left the kidney by the door. They loved baby rabbits.
Both cats were rescued from local prisons. Each of these cats; being ferrel cats, would walk to the mail box with me. They always left the kidney as a present.

I had one that would turn down a mouse giving her a raspberry for potato chips. Just touch a crinkly bag in the cabinet and Poof! cat was there.
How about an old-fashioned pushbutton light switch? They're expensive compared to common toggle switches, about $15, but I doubt a cat could operate one.
--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 04:46:47 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Clad the post with flashing or even wrap some aluminum foil around it.
(The last option is too grease the pole with wagon wheel grease)
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Just replace the switch with a rotary dimmer type switch, a cheap one will do since you don't care about dimming. Cats will have a bugger of a time trying to turn the slippery plastic knob, while it's simple for a human. It's also cheaper than the specialty switches.
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

You could replace the switch with a pull-down. You know, the kind that has a string you tug...
No. Wait...
Never mind.