Catpoop in the sandpit

Page 2 of 2

Wow, We also did that!
I basically still do the same thing today, but now it is tossing the dog crap over the fence before cutting the grass.
Why don't you just teach the kids to fling it out on their own?
Dealing with crap is no big deal & is something all of us have to learn to deal with eventually........
MikeB
A very effective method is one of those motion detector sprinklers. Turn it on and it will spray anything that moves in front of it. Turn it off when the kids are playing. It can also be moved to keep animals out of the garden, or wild geese out of the pond. It doesn't use that much water either.

I second the scarecrow motion activated sprinkler.
But also since your fence is so high - then how about fruit tree netting, which almost invisible and cats hate it. string it from post to post and the kids for sure can play under it easily - taller adults may have to remember to not walk straight up. ;-( __________________________ Totus Tuus Claudia Satori

I, personally, prefer the Fi-Shock. It is very entertaining when the cats hit it, and then when they hit it again going back over the wall how many times it takes them to go back over the wall. Of course, a little help with a garden hose helps to get them started on that one last leap out of your yard.
Forever. They will never come back into your yard.
BTW, I like cats and own one. But not when they belong to others, and they can't control them.
Steve
I've never known any kind of cat to ever eat flowers. Blades of grass, yes. But flowers? Cats are meat eaters, dogs are vegetarians.
HA HA Budys Here wrote:

My first cat would head for ANY vegetation in the house. She absolutely ADORED flowers. Don't ask me why.
--
Where no oxen are, the crib is clean,
But much benefit is derived from the labor of the ox.

Inbreeding?
That's the usual bullshit from cat-haters. The cat tearing up trees and creating all kinds of havoc.... animals that weigh maybe 10 pounds on average, destroying neighborhoods, if you believe them. Our cats like to nip the ends of grass blades, which they do very daintily. If they ate more than a few grams in a season I'd be surprised.