Cat Spray

This newsgroup was recommended to me by a very helpful person in rec.pets.cats.health+behav. TIA to anyone with experience with this sort of problem and can share it...
I have a 55 year old house with plaster and lathe walls and hardwood floors that have for the first time been refinished. I'm replacing molding and want to do the best I can to remove the smell from a male cat that sprayed in a corner repeatedly. The smell is particularly pungent now that the old molding has been removed, and it seems to not only have soaked into the hardwood floor which is now refinished and sealed with poly, but the bottom frame for the lathe and plaster wall is soaked with the spray, as well as whatever surfaces between the flooring and wall it found its way to...
I know there are some enzymes that work pretty well to neutralize the smell but once this stuff soaks into wood I'm assuming the wood should either be sealed or replaced. Anyone ever have an experience with a problem like this?
Thanks again
bob
I had good luck with a similar issue sealing with Z Prime. Zinzers primer also would work . Just make sure you buy the High octane oil based stuff not the latex. It's more expensive and smell but it works. The latex stuff is no better than paint in my opinion.
Robert Berg wrote:

Thanks for your expertise on the subject of primers/sealers, Jack... Went out and bought some of the oil based stuff in a spray can - I'm going to spray into the spaces I can't otherwise get to, let it dry completely, fill the spaces with great stuff, and then prime/seal again before I put the base and toe on. I'll let you know how it works...
bob
Jack wrote:

Had a entire urine soaked smelly house:(
Bin or Kilz oil based primer sealer.
You CANT remove the smell, you seal it in so its undetectable. 2 coats to be safe
ANYTHING ELSE WOULDNT WORK!