Cat off the gas grill table

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:45:48 -0400, Stormin Mormon (on backup computer) wrote:

A can of pepper spray properly aimed and discharged will do wonders.
I'd have to rig a pressure switch, the cat jumps down when I approach, or open the door.
--

Christopher A. Young
.

"Meat Plow" < snipped-for-privacy@petitmorte.net> wrote in message
On 11 Oct, 23:38, "Stormin Mormon \\(on backup computer\\)" <cayoung###++

-- I'd have to rig a pressure switch, the cat jumps down when I approach, or open the door.
Then just leave the door open.
Stormin Mormon (on backup computer) wrote:

through each board, pointed up. Leave them there whenever grill is not in use. The cat will get the idea after the first couple of times it tries to sit down.
aem sends...
aemeijers wrote:

You don't have to do all of that. You could just stick some big loops of duct tape up there, sticky side out. After a couple of times up, Mr. Kitty is going to decide that's not the place for him.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Christopher A. Young
.
.

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> wrote in message
Stormin Mormon (on backup computer) wrote:

So how'd it do?
The glue dried up, but havn't seen the cat on the grill since then. Very successful.
--

Christopher A. Young
.

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> wrote in message
in message

Fi-Shock. Useful for lots of situations where you want to keep animals within limits. One experience is all it takes.
Google it. You don't need all the "stuff" they sell with it. Just a little basic electrical smarts to set the trap. Do not let the cat see you set the trap. But watch if you can when they go to get up on their spot. It's funny, and doesn't permanently hurt them.
Steve

it's still cruel. would you treat your kids that way?
Heck,the guy should just wipe down the shelves before putting his food plates on them.He could do that while he's waiting for the grill to heat up. Being outdoors,it gets airborne dirt/germs,fungi,etc. on it regardless.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

you could make removeable wooden platforms,and store them(or flip-ups) when you are not using the grill. They'd stay cleaner that way,regardless of any animal napping or making deposits of any sort.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
"Stormin Mormon (on backup computer)" wrote:

We use an old fashion mouse trap to train cats to stay down from where we don't want them. Once they are scared by the SNAP, they stay down. IF they need refresher, we don't even need to set the trap. Just place it on the counter or wherever. YMMV
Steve 41N
on 10/10/2007 1:45 PM Stormin Mormon (on backup computer) said the following:

I have a cover for my gas grill when not in use.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
wrote in message

I found a product for window boxes and garden beds that encourages cats to find another place. Its about 4 x 6 inches, with plastic pointed spikes sticking straight up. It doesn't hurt the cat but isn't comfortable either. they come in a bag of 4 or so. Not sure what it's actually called though.
bonnie in OK
Bonnie Jean wrote:

Punji sticks. Wipe fresh shit on the points for best effect.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Christopher A. Young