Cat off the gas grill table

Page 1 of 2
There is a cat who likes to sit on the wooden platforms, on either side of my gas grill, on the patio. I'd rather the cat not do that. I put food there. On a plate of course, but I wouldn't want a cat on my food table indoors, either. How to keep the cat off the platform?
--

Christopher A. Young
.

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:45:48 -0400, "Stormin Mormon \\(on backup

There are lots of options here. Place rue, thorny branches, sweet-gum balls or anything that is prickly where you don't want the cat. Cats don't like my deck--I have a cactus collection. A motion-detector water spray will work too. Cats learn fast.
Stormin Mormon (on backup computer) wrote:

I used to have a neighborhood cat who liked to mark my front door. I cured him by spreading red pepper out where he pissed for a few days. He caught on pretty quick.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
On Oct 10, 1:40 pm, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> wrote:

Take 2 cookie trays and wire one wire of 120v to each, place side by side and watch the cat jump 20 ft up.
ransley wrote:

Yes! Cats are my friends, too. NOT
win.ntli.net:

yeah,and some unknowing person,perhaps a child,gets electrocuted by it. (if not your deserving self...)
Idiot.

IMO,you and Ransley both qualify as animal abusers,and killfile candidates.
"clot" is an appropriate nickname for you.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

So it is written. So it is done...

Get rid of the grill.

Or gee...I don't know COVER the damn thing when you don't have food on it. Key-rist, birds could shit on it, rodents could crawl on it, and you're worried about the occasional cat ass? GET A GRIP! The cat's ass is cleaner than yours. Do you have kids? I guarantee that any cat's ass is cleaner than any part of your kid. I would MUCH rather eat food off a cat's ass than off any so-called "clean" counter in the kitchen of a breeder. Eeeuuuwww
<h> wrote in message

Need to go to the pharmacy, huh?
Steve
How about I UPS you the cat, and you can eat off its ass? Take movies, please.
--

Christopher A. Young
.

<h> wrote in message news:47145a28$0$20600$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...
wrote in

I have my own cat.
just COVER the grill shelves when not in use,or wipe them off before use. a simple solution.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Christopher A. Young
.
.

"Mr.Spock" < snipped-for-privacy@no.klingons.net> wrote in message
What happens if it's only 19 feet?
--

Christopher A. Young
.

"ransley" <Mark snipped-for-privacy@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
Stormin Mormon (on backup computer) wrote:

Well, it's your grill (or your dinner table) and you're certainly entitled to have it used any way you see fit. On the other hand, the cat's just being a cat.
Cover the grill area that's off limits: plastic garbage bags, a couple of knitted cozies, a pot plant.
Or live with the cat's eccentricities. Lord knows, the cat probably puts up with a lot of your quirks.
P.S. The cat's probably sitting there to better watch for vermin that might otherwise attempt to invade your house and infect you bubonic plague causing parts of your body to swell up with festering pus.
On 10 Oct, 13:45, "Stormin Mormon \\(on backup computer\\)" <cayoung###++

Get 2 very mean dogs, small enough to fit on each platform, and 2 short lengths of chain...you can take it from here.
in message

For cryin' out loud...weren't you ever a kid? The solution is so obvious: http://www.hasbro.com/supersoaker/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id 860
Cc:
------------------

Put the cat's litter box there.

Products like the ScatMat might be worth it to you - a touch-sensitive pad which delivers a mild electrical shock. Comes in various sizes and shapes - easily Googleable.
Art
Stormin Mormon (on backup computer) wrote:

Don't fret, the cat is probably cleaner than you are as it spends on average 87.564% of ithe time cleaning itself.
Don't worry about the cat, just stop and think about the birds who are probably relieving themselves while on or fluttering over those shelves. They'll be less chances of them doing that when pussy is there.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)