Cat in the furnace

Page 2 of 2

Lucky it wasn't a bird. I coulda had shredded tweet. It was in the fan blower cabinet, after all.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

I think it very unlikely the cat would be in the theater. There are very few movies suitable for cats these days, and most cats can't afford to buy tickets for the dramatic stage.
Only if the movie is rated "mm" for mega-meow.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

A few years ago I heard a scratching sound coming from the heating ducts in the house. I went to the basement and listened by the furnace. The sound was coming from inside the heat exchanger! I opened the draft regulator door on the flue pipe and placed a 1x6 board from the door to the top of the washing machine about six feet away. I also opened the outside basement door. I retreated from the furnace area and waited. A few minutes went by and a very dirty gray squirrel poked his head out of the draft door. He cautiously started down the board and on to the washing machine. Then he got a glimpse of me and panicked. He jumped off the washing machine and ran out the basement door. I went upstairs and watched out a window as the new 'black' squirrel tried to mingle with his gray peers. They must have thought he was a mutant since we don't have natural black squirrels in the area. I learned from this experience that it's a good idea to have some kind of screen or animal proof cap on your chimney.
I have had birds in the hot water tank flue, chimney cap added.
found a dead mouse once its tail stuck between 2 pieces of romex, apparently it had gotten stuck...
mice in the house, chipmunk in the kitchen, bat in house, wildlife intrudes occasionally.....

Possum got into the garage while I was away; must have got stuck between two file cabinets -- smelled so horrible I didn't dare remove the -- uh-- you don't want to know - called the animal shelter; they came out and removed it. I can't get out of my mind what an awful, slow death that poor animal went through.