casters on chairs with slanted legs

We have very heavy maple Captain's chairs, with slanted legs. They are heavy and hard to move. Tried putting split wheel casters on, but they wouldn't slide right, we think it's because of the slanted legs. Is there anything else we could use, some type of ball caster or failing that, some kind of slider that will last? This is on a hard floor, and no pad that we tried lasted at all, and didn't work that well anyway. Judy

the casters have to have a perfect vertical shaft, going straight into slanted legs will never work.

I have seen chairs that had a metal band around the bottom of each leg so that even though the legs were weakened by perfectly vertical shaft holes, the metal band kept the legs from splitting.

Google "casters" that is how I found what I needed. ww