Cash4Clunkers - see a Corvette die

Page 1 of 4

Sniff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTYL-h5_hb4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esnowflakesinhell%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded#t04

Coming soon: Healthcare for grandma...

...out of the mouth of an ignorant screamer at town hall meetings. Rumors were started by the gutter-trash former gov. of Alaska.
Noahbuddy wrote:

There's some truth to some of what you say. You've got to admit, however, it's effective.
Me? I'm not worried about grandma getting unplugged; I'm worried about whether she'll get plugged up in the first place.

Yes you have to read between the lines with the govt. healt care. He did say gradma would not get unplugged, but notice that he omitted completely, nor did the press ask, if she would get high-tech life support in the first place. So he was speaking the truth, but probably by omission.
windcrest wrote:

Guess what? IMHO, most grandmas (and grandpas) would prefer to NOT get plugged up in the first place, once they are past a certain point on the decay curve. It should be their decision, of course, not the family's and for damn sure not the doctor's. But of the older relatives and friends I have discussed this with (now that <I> am going gray), pretty much all of them said that once they are not aware of their surroundings, they would just as soon not hang around. They all routinely insist on DNR orders when they go into the hospital. Said orders apply if their gatekeeper physician decides that recovery to a functional self-sufficient state is unlikely. Keep them clean, keep them out of pain, but otherwise let nature take its course.
-- aem sends....

Unless, of course, Medicare or Medicaid is footing the bill, then the evil doctor will remove one body part at a time to stuff his pockets. Or so Barry sez ..........
SteveB wrote:

Plugging or unplugging, I don't want the decision made by the Chicago mob.

or any government. at least with private insurance companies and hospitals,you can negotiate with them,and sue them. You can't do either with the government.(practically speaking)
You'd be long dead by the time the case got to court.
BTW,the whole "death panel" thing is about some gov't committee deciding whether one gets expensive treatments,probably using actuarial tables. Get too old *or in poor shape*,and the unknown gov't committee says NO to further treatments,only allowing(paying for) mediation of pain and suffering.
Oh,and Obama himself has said that he expects it to take 10-15 yrs to drive out private health insurers,to reach his goal of "single payer".So this talk of "public option" coverage is merely a diversion.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Exactly.
Here's a situation I am familiar with in the UK and am one of the petition signers:
http://www.phassociation.uk.com/petition_nice_introduction.asp
Look at the acronym NICE (National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence) - the name of the government death squad.
With Obamacare, this is where US is heading.
wrote in

it's amazing how much the "progressives" are in denial. they simply cannot or refuse to see this happening here.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

For most grandmas, the government is already paying the bills through Medicare. They don't have any death panels and haven't for over 40 years. Based on my experiences with my parents, Medicare would have pay for a whole lot more health care than they wanted.
The whole death panel thing and it's variants is pure scare tactics. I wish this discussion could be kept on a factual, rational plain. Yes, some of the people in favor of health care are using emotional tactics as well. "Evil profit making insurance companies."
-- Doug

yes,and Obama wants to change that,to cut costs. After all,Medicare and Medicaid are both operating at a loss.
I also note that supplemental insurance is offered to cover what those plans will not cover.

No,it's a possible consequence of Obama's "change".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Please cite the bill(s) and relevant sections. Thanks, Doug
Douglas Johnson wrote:

Obie's death for old republicans bill.

http://townhall.com/columnists/JohnHawkins/2009/08/25/5_liberal_lies_about_ obamacare
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Thanks for posting that link, but it didn't seem to contain any references to specific pending bills and relevant sections in them. You don't expect any article titled "5 Liberal Lies About Obamacare" to contain well referenced research and this one doesn't disappoint.
It talks about 100 people a week in Britain losing their eye sight due to a shortage of eye doctors. You dig into the reference they provide and you discover it is all based on a single unsupported statement from a Liberal Democrat MP. Would you believe it if Barney Frank said it? Scare tactics.
-- Doug
Douglas Johnson wrote:

no but u would
Douglas Johnson wrote:

From just today:
"Thousands of women are having to give birth outside [UK] maternity wards because of a lack of midwives and hospital beds."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1209034/The-babies-born-hospital-corridors-Bed-shortage-forces-4-000-mothers-birth-lifts-offices-hospital-toilets.html
HeyBub wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1209034/The-babies-born-hospital-corridors-Bed-shortage-forces-4-000-mothers-birth-lifts-offices-hospital-toilets.html
It would help if the reader had at least minimal understanding of hospital maternity units. We don't build specialized hospital units to accomodate the maximum number of patients possible - they are to accomodate the most likely need. This goofy article mentions women giving birth on toilets....that does happen now and then, but more likely in a high-school or college dorm. Giving birth in a bed outside of the standard delivery room is no biggy - loads of women in the US give birth at home BY CHOICE. During a full moon, strange things happen :o)

Then the factotums in charge of the NHS are evidently no better at arithmetic than they are at managing care. Of course the managers of the local trust can report to their betters that "We have never exceeded our capacity!"

"[Home birth] by loads of women by choice?" Maybe two dozen a year in a country with ten times the population of the UK*. And whereas midwives are a staple in the UK, they are used only by the fringe in the US.
-------- * Actually 8% according to the National Center for Health Statistics.