Casement Window Lock

I'm seeking a device that will let me lock a casement window in a partially open position. I've seen 'stays' that use a thumbscrew or a peg but I'm looking for something that uses a lock and key.
The only sources I've found are in the UK, (e.g., pages 6 and 7 of http://www.era-security.com/acrobat_files/window%20locks.pdf
Any suggestions for a device made or sold in the USA much appreciated.
I remove my handles when I go or leave it open.
m Ransley wrote:

elegant solution.
Bennett Price wrote:

When I was building my house back in 1984, I had an extension cord hanging out a C4 casement window that went to the temp electric pole installed in my front yard. The window was cranked as closed as possible with the wire preventing full closure and locking. One night, some kids decided that they wanted to hang out in my unfinished and unoccupied house, so they grabbed the casement window and just pulled it open, damaging the crank mechanism in the process. Casement windows left open in any position are probably the easiest windows to gain entrance. Just something to think about while looking for a casement window lock.
Bill Schnakenberg wrote:

looking into tilt-turn windows as an alternative to casement, e.g.
builder.marvin.com/products/product.cfm?oidk3DF253-6608-4F0C-931D9EAD13661B2F