Casement and Awning Replacement Hardware

Hi Everyone,

I am really green when it comes to doing home fix-it work, so if I sound like a rooky, I guess I am. I am looking for some simple hardware and need some direction in how to find it. I have just purchased a house. It is about 35 years old and has great original windows. Since I am not sure the exact name for these windows, let me describe them. They have hinges on the top and swing open from the bottom. The simply push out, there is no crank system or anything like that. I love the windows and they are in great shape, but almost all are missing the support arm/hinge which allows them to stay open. At the moment, I am resigned to propping the windows open with odd objects like rulers, paper towel rolls, etc. I would like to find somewhere (preferrably online) where I can find this type of hardware. Any suggestions on where to go or even what to call these things so I can seach for them would be appreciated!

Thanks,

-brendan

Reply to
Brendan P. Caulfield