Case of the stolen snow shovel

Captured on home surveillance camera.

The Crime, The Revenge and The Reaction:

video:

Reply to
Oren

Pretty funny! Do you think she knew it was the shovel's owner that did it? Maybe we should look for her video on YouTube - Avenging the Revenge!

RicodJour

I had a problem at one time with people parking across my driveway and blocking the front of my business. My cop friend told me it would be a crime for me to damage the vehicles in any way including flattening the tires. I told him I would think of something and I did. I started covering their tags with duct tape and I imagine quite a few wound up face down on the pavement with cops pointing guns at them. I told my cop friend what I had done and after laughing himself silly, told me that a traffic ticket for an obscured tag was quite expensive. So whenever anyone pulled up to my place and asked if it was OK to park there I said it would cost them a minimum of $300.00. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Damn, you're evil!

Reply to
krw

Sure he is. I like it!

Reply to
krw

Ah, you are one of those guys...

I have a few ways of fixing people like you once and for all that cost a couple of thousand a pop...

So rather than deal with the issue legally, by complaining to the proper government agency and petitioning for "NO PARKING ANYTIME" signs being posted in front of your driveway, you tamper with someone else's vehicle which is contrary to the advice your wise cop friend gave you...

You wouldn't like my kind of medicine... Because what goes around comes around... :-O

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

What makes you thing that putting up a "no parking" sign in a "no parking" zone will accomplish anything? They are parking illegally is the bottom line and deserve the results.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Good one!

Reply to
Vinny From NYC

We used to have that problem when our city's Fourth of July celebration took place at the lake across the street from us. People intent on having their picnic and watching the fireworks show would park anywhere, including in our driveways, even when we homeowners were ordering them to GTFO. We'd just phone a towing service. Towing companies never pass up an opportunity to make their hefty profits. And it's fun watching mom and dad's reaction when, hours later, they and their whiny kids suddenly realize their car is GONE. Serves 'em right!

Reply to
Hell Toupee

We used to live in an apartment building with limited parking space. But we were near an area with big athletic events. And people would discover our spaces instead of paying to park. One of the occupants had reminders that would go in an envelope, along with a couple of their tire valve cores. Didn't take them long to learn to go elsewhere.

Reply to
Michael B

We lived across the street from a NYC college. On weekends and late night we could park anywhere we wanted, but during school hours it was packed for blocks around.

We had to get special permission, after many meetings with our local police department, to block our own driveways during school hours. The agreement was that if we put a sign on our dash with our address, they wouldn't ticket us. If we forgot, we were free game.

On the rare occasions when a student would try to fool the police with a sign, we just called it in and waited for the cops to tell them it wasn't our car.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

An old towel applied to the windshield with some water, or over the door seams, and allowed to sit works well, too. Or just a squirt of water into the keyholes ....................... SuperGlue works good for that, too, but that's a bit of overkill. That's usually reserved for the unfaithful, or those who visit them. Better if the car is unlocked, and you can get to the ignition ................

I never actually did this, but just heard about it from a friend who heard it from his cousin's hairdresser's gardener.

Then there's the cop car being chained to the fire hydrant in "American Graffitti."

Steve

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Learn how to care for a friend. Download the book.

Steve B

Vinny From NYC wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Love it! or maybe a can of spray paint may "accidentally' go off onto the tag.

Reply to
Lisa BB.

No, that's actual damage/vandalism, the tape peals off with no damage. I do have some crack and peal paper(the type used for stick on labels) that I once used to print my own bumper stickers with nasty, offensive things on them. I would paste them on a vehicle blocking two parking spaces or the vehicle of someone who knowingly cut me off in traffic. People will often cut you off by accident but the extension of the middle finger or the mouthing of foul language can indicate that it was no accident. I would follow them if I had time and see where they parked then install one of my rude bumper stickers on their vehicle. "Kiss My Ass COP!", "Nuke The Nxxxxrs", anything that would attract unwanted attention to the unpleasant person. With the advent of scads of surveillance cameras, it's much more risky than it once was. My modus operandi has always been to cause no damage or not to harm anyone. Of course if someone else wants to kick the offender's ass, it's OK with me. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Once in Las Vegas, I was gassing up my car. A guy pulled in with two or three vehicles on one of those ramp trucks that is either a reposessor or a transport. His boom box was booming, and booming racist angry filthy spew. He got out, and started to go in, leaving the boom box running. He took a few steps, and turned back and reached through the window and turned it off.

"Thank you," I said. He turned back and turned on the boom box again, gave me a dirty look, and headed inside. I was putting on the gas cap, having filled up. I was done.

He was on the outside of the island with several cars including mine blocking his view. I emptied a rather large can of pepper spray into his opened vehicle window and left. He had California plates, so imagine he either was delayed getting back to Cal, or drove with the windows open.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Sir, if you're doing what I think you're doing, be advised that it will cost you."

Reply to
HeyBub

Buying groceries, gasoline and standing in line at the bank? You're right about the cost.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

many years ago a male politician was having a affair, the husbuand of the gal found out. he happened to drive a concrete truck. the politican had just bought a new caddy......

so while the politician was in having fun.

the husband filled the car with concrete....

it had to be removed with a backhoe, car totaled.

politican was told you cant turn it in on your insurance or report it to police or your affair will become public knowledge.

this was in the 1970s before affairs were common knowledge.

mc kees rocks pa near pittsburgh

Reply to
hallerb

That beard needs braiding.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

"Lisa BB." wrote in news:4d533ac1$0$1611$c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

that damages the plate,thus it's vandalism. Tape can be removed without damage,just a bit of work.

you could also use a bumper sticker.

Reply to
Jim Yanik