Carrier Wal PAC 52xx series

Hi, During recent cold snap I had to turn on heat for extra warmth in my sun room to keep plants warm. heat started alright but after couple days it quit ... no more heat blows.
Anyone familiar with this unit? quick look at schematics show two limit sensors, relay and what else? of course heating element. Wonder if there is any known issues with this unit. Even if it is quite old, we very seldom use it. Any pointers? TIA,
On 12/9/2013 10:31 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I've no experience with this. How about switch off the power, take the cover off, and have a look around? My gut sense is that it's a simple device, and you'll have it going in a while.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/9/2013 9:31 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Many of the round Klixon limit switches have a tiny reset button between the two flat 1/4" Faston connectors. If you push it in with the plastic tip (metal tip retracted) of a ballpoint pen you may hear the click of a reset. It's possible the bearings on the fan motor need oil or the felt oil reservoir has dried out and the fan isn't turning which would make the unit overheat. ^_^
TDD