carrier infinity furnace/thermostat problem

Last spring I had a Carrier Infinity 96 Furnace and Infinity thermostat installed. Recently the furnace has been randomly shutting down with the "Call contractor" message on the display. The furnace will restart and the message disappears if I turn the power to the furnace off then back on. This happens about once per week. Another problem is that the thermostat randomly display the "Replace or clean filter" message despite the fact that I just changed the filter. I tried turning off the Accessory Maintenance Pop-Up Message for Clean Air Filter message but that message pops-up randomly anyway.
I also had a new air conditioner installed at the same time and experience no problem with the thermostat this past summer.
My contractor has replaced the Thermostat (which is still under warranty) last week but the problem just reoccurred. Now that the weather is below freezing I am fearful of leaving the house for long least my pipes freeze. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
snipped-for-privacy@mac.com wrote:

If you have logic problem, I don't think it's within the thermostat. It's in the furnace control unit. Think the thermostat was replaced for nothing. I'd check all loose connectors or wires around control unit including ground and check the logic supply voltage first. Tony
posted for all of us....

is and what he did.
It's still under warranty right? Then call the installing company and demand someone who knows what they are doing. Replacing the thermostat is obviously a sign that person didn't. Give them another chance. If that doesn't work then remind them they WILL be responsible for all damages if you get freezing pipes and inquire about their insurance carrier. Then call Carrier and get someone there that knows what they are doing.
--
Tekkie

Tekkie wrote:

Rule of basic trouble-shooting is always SAME. Remember big IBM motto? "Think" Tony
Problem solved. A couple of years ago I covered a return register while remodeling. No problem until the new system was installed. The infinity was registering high static pressure and triggering the repace filter message. At slightly higher pressure it shut the system down. By opening the old return the pressure was reduced and problem solved.