Carrier Infinity 96 (58MVP) v. Performance 93 (58MTA) gas furnaces

Is the variable speed DC blower motor on the Carrier Infinity 96 gas furnace worth the premium of $800+ (Cdn) that I've been quoted over Carrier's Performance 93 unit with the multi-speed AC blower motor?
I understand that the DC blower motor consumes much less electricity than the AC motor. But if I intend to run the blower at low-speed continuous only during the heating season, how long would it take me to earn back the increased cost in electricity savings?
Is the Infinity unit really much quieter in operation than the Performance unit?
Any other factors I should take into account in deciding whether or not to splurge on the Infinity?
Any advice anyone can provide would be appreciated.

alt.home.repair
This is the place to ask H-Owners questions.
There are many of us pro's that will answer you over there, as this is a HVAC/R pro's group.
~kjpro~
I am getting installed Infitity here in Toronto next week. From what I found - If you would run blower 24/7 - you would save about 300$ per year comparing to non DC motor. If you will run it just during season - lets say 6 months, your saving will be 150$. Payback in about 5years (5x150u0). Of course not that simple, as DC motor replacements (if fails) would be much more expensive. Also, running motor all year is not a bad idea, as it constantly mixes air in the house (basement is cold in summer and takes this air upstairs in bedrooms). It also humidifies and cleans air when blower ir running. I was quoted difference in price between these two units at about 600$CA.
I had energy efficiency home inspection done a few days ago, and inspector told me about Infinity -that she heard just a very good reviews on that unit from homeowners and installers.

Alt.hvac removed from crosspost.

Yep.
A long time. Be more concerned about the comfort, humidity control, and quiet operation.

The VS is much quieter.

Your contractor should be able to provide you with information and answer your questions. Visit carrier's website for more specifications on the models you're looking at.
- Robert

www.gamanet.org
There Gama lists all the test results for the questions you have asked.
TAB Dude
If you use AC and want more humidity removal say it is at 68 outside and it is raining you can run it on low to remove twice the humidity as on normal high and not cool as much. You can run it better on Humidistat at lower outside temps. You save on electric winter and summer. But it will heat more evenly if that is an issue. Its like getting a fancy car, more to break, more to repair. Ive calculated heating season payback at 6 yrs. But get the 10 yr warranty. Also I dont beleive electric costs to remain stable for 4 yrs thereby increasing payback.